The Good Samaritan
Cantata for Mezzo-Soprano, Tenor, Baritone, Bass, SATB and Chamber Orchestra
Watch the video to learn more about this project with the MidCities Chamber Singers and the Texas Chamber Music Project, and consider supporting our recording of the cantata. The message of the parable of the Good Samaritan is as relevant and necessary today as it was 2000 years ago.
I. Prelude (Orchestra)
II. Recitative - "Behold, a Certain Lawyer" (Mezzo-Soprano, Baritone, Bass)
III. Chorus - "The Greatest Commandment" (SATB)
IV. Recitative - "A Certain Man" (Bass)
V. Aria - "The Man is Not to Blame" (Tenor)
VI. Recitative - "By Chance a Certain Priest" (Bass)
VII. Chorus - "As You Would Like People" (SATB)
VIII. Aria - "On the Next Day" (Bass)
IX. Chorus - "Love Your Enemies" (SATB)
X. Recitative - "Now Which of These Three" (Baritone, Bass)
XI. Chorus - "He Has Shown You, O Man" (SATB)
XII. Aria - "Therefore, Be Merciful" (Mezzo-Soprano, SATB)
XIII. Aria - "Mercy is Music" (Tenor, SATB)
If you'd like to contribute to our recording of The Good Samaritan, CLICK HERE to be taken to our GoFundMe page, where you can make a secure donation.
Any amount is greatly appreciated, and I am offering the following perks for larger donations:
1) $25 - Free Downloads of my three (3) recorded pieces with the MidCities Chamber Singers
2) $50 - The above and a free CD of The Good Samaritan when completed.
3) $100 - The above, and your name included in the CD liner notes.
4) $200 - The above and a PDF of one of my compositions of your choice.
5) $400 - The above and a signed full score of The Good Samaritan.